Saturday, January 20, 2007

College Mid-Year Holidays

G'day

Here in Topsy-Turvy land (Northern hemisphere, winter in January, different culture etc), the mid-year academic holidays occur in January. So, on Australia Day we commence our two week break before the second semester begins in early February.

We have decided to travel to Muscat, the capital of Oman, our neighbouring country and do some camping. Although we've been into some of Oman, we haven't been to Muscat, so this is a good opportunity to do it. Friends who were there recently said people were swimming, so it's obviously not a Canadian winter.

We've reached the half-way point in our contract. It's hard to believe we have only been here 18 months as so much has happened. It will no doubt take some settling in when we get back to Oz given the relatively higher costs of living ... we won't be able to dine out as often, that's for sure. Just the price of diesel will kill us.

On another note, I've had some trouble emailing people with Bigpond email addresses so I'll be checking email bounces soon with a view to rectifying the situation. This might involve my transferring my email addresses for blog subscribers to an alternative email provider. Either I, or the Emirates ISP I use isn't popular with Bigpond. If you are a Bigpond subscriber and want a Gmail account for your email, send a message to me at emujoeATgmail.com (change the AT for @) and I'll invite you to set up an account. It's a much better service than anything Telstra has and it's free. It's much better than Hotmail and Yahoo as well.

Hope all is well at your end as it is here.

Best wishes

Robin
for Christina and Robin


PS: Our new business at http://www.download-audios.com is slowly increasing its sales and when we advertise in Australian news media soon, it should increase much more. There are some great books so I've got to make sure I don't spend the profit buying my own stuff.

No comments: